Monday, October 4, 2010

New Berserk Commercial 5


Final web exclusive commercial just got online :



[Analysis after the break]



Thoughts and analysis :


As things are now, this will be the last of the small series of commercial made to advertise the project. The highlights of that one : appearance of the Skull Knight, new caption like always and a new speech. As for the Guts/Griffith duel and the Behelit, I am slightly disappointed they used shown material once again, not only because I would have liked to see more material, but also because it might be hinting the project is still far from being completed.

What can I say beside "Awesome !!"
Now this was something pleasant to see. Visually, I must say it's one of the best 3D scene we've seen in the commercials so far (Zodd flying being the worst). Great lightning effect/ambient lightning as well as shading. No much movements, but it was well done in overall (details like the horse's ears weren't left behind). Not to mention, as a fan, seeing the Skull Knight coming to "life" like that is something we've all waited a long time to see.

All the Skull Knight apparitions in the manga are always very dramatic, just like this scene, so it's kinda hard to pin point exactly where it is, but if I had to guess, I'd say volume 9, page 15, when he first meet Guts for the first time just after he split up with the Band of the Hawk :



While it is not entirely clear in the commercial, the background does look like some sort of forest at night and slow camera pan like these are most of the time used when a new character is introduced which is corresponding to the manga. It is also happening during the last part of the Golden Age Arc. Yet another Golden Age clip. I also like to think his appearance confirms the fact that they will stick to the manga all the way, at the very least for the Golden Age.   

Now for the new caption : 「べるせるく、降臨」"Beruseruku, Kourin", which translate to something like "Berserk, Descent". It does fit with the clips; The Skull Knight, Guts duel with Griffith and the Behelit are all symbols of that descent they're talking about. 

And finally for the new speech, I'm actually a bit at loss here. What is being said is "Souzou wo koeta", koeta being the past form of koeru which means something like to surpass, to exceed or to cross over. Souzou means, according to my dictionary, creation, transmission or imagination. I think the best suitable translation would look like this : "Creation has been surpassed" which would undoubtedly refer to the birth of Femto. It does go well with the caption too.

Well that's it for the commercial guys ! I'm no where near done with this blog though as I plan on posting any updates we might get until the moment that series' first episode (whatever media shall it be) is released. I plan on making a global analysis of all the 5 trailer sometime soon so stay tuned !

Anonymous Web Developer

Morbi aliquam fringilla nisl. Pellentesque eleifend condimentum tellus, vel vulputate tortor malesuada sit amet. Aliquam vel vestibulum metus. Aenean ut mi aucto.

11 comments:

  1. I can't believe my first guess from last night was actually right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Anon : Ahah yeah, when I first saw the video my first thought was "well damn that guy was right". Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did you get this video? You beat the official website by an hour!

    Good job, thanks for posting. Keep up the investigation!

    -WK

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would assume this is souzou meaning "imagination", that's the one that's the most common I think

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it will start as the first anime.
    Episode after eclipe , then the start of the story

    ReplyDelete
  6. who is the name of the song in the video ?

    ReplyDelete
  7. from what I've seen on youtube and just looking around, I agree that they'll start from the first but I think they're just gonna redo everything witch I think would be great simply because I think they'll put more of the detail from the manga..

    really I hope they do, because there are some fights I would very much like to see in motion that they completely left out of the original anime like the fight between guts and the monkey/dog/cyclops demon. that would be something to see for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL

    I think its a commercial for the Manga, this might be a hoax.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The song is released

    Tomo the tomo - 静けさの中で (In Silence)

    http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E9%9D%99%E3%81%91%E3%81%95%E3%81%AE%E4%B8%AD%E3%81%A7/dp/B0046KAU50

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think that if they accually use Tomo the tomo in the series then that's good enough of a substitute for Susumu Hirasawa
    (But I love Susumu's voice it's awesome)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Someone should take these 5 videos, and cut together a trailer just for kicks. Add some music from the PS2 game of Berserk. That would rock, I'd do it myself But I suck at video editing.

    ReplyDelete