Tuesday, January 4, 2011

EARLY ANNOUNCEMENT ! [UPDATED]


Apparently it has leaked that the Monday issue of Newtype will announce that the project will be a MOVIE 




More Updates to come !
********************



Translation of the tweet (about 1 hour ago, on an Iphone) that leaked the news : 


早売りのニュータイプなど。ベルセルクはやっぱ劇場版アニメ

Early sale of Newtype. Berserk is, as expected, a movie version anime. 




I just love the fact this had to happen 2min before I was heading to bed; anyway looks like it's going to be a movie; will it be a single movie or a series of film à la Evangelion, we can't really tell yet, earlbox, the one who got the leaked issue of Newtype still hasn't said anything new about it, nor he posted new picture regarding Berserk. He DID posted a new picture of the magazine, which pretty much erase the possibility of a fake cover : 


It is a top 10 of the most popular anime woman if you're wondering
I'll leave it to this for now and will update as much stuff as I can the moment I woke up tomorrow (well, later today)
********************

Update : According to ANN : " According to Newtype, the 2011 film will be the first part of a project that will adapt the entire story from Kentarou Miura's manga"




Here is a translation of a tweet that Earlbox made about 1h ago on Twitter regarding Berserk    : 


劇場版ベルセルクは記事によればベルセルク映像化企画の第一弾って描かれてるけど、何部作とかになるのかなあ。キービジュアルは鷹の団時代のガッツ達だけど。


According to the news, Berserk Movie is described as a first part of the adaptation project, I wonder how many parts it will have. Key visual is band of the hawk with Guts and the rest.


This pretty much confirms what ANN said (though it seems we got the same source here; that Earlbox guy).
Logically speaking, a series of movies looks far more plausible than a single movie, since we saw in the trailers scenes that were obviously after the Eclipse. He [Earlbox] seems to think the first part will be about the Golden Age, which I completely agree with.

Anonymous Web Developer

Morbi aliquam fringilla nisl. Pellentesque eleifend condimentum tellus, vel vulputate tortor malesuada sit amet. Aliquam vel vestibulum metus. Aenean ut mi aucto.

25 comments:

  1. Meh... I'd prefer OVAs much better. Now we'll have to wait for another 8-10 months after movie release /sad_panda
    I just hope it'll be movie series...

    So... Was it that big announcement mentioned earlier by berserk_project (magazine just popped up earlier than he thought) or..?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @mevaris

    Newtype is released on a monthly basis every 10th of the month. The announcement berserk_project is going to do is scheduled on the 8th.

    Seems plausible to me that we get some web exclusive content before the actual announcement in a media, so I'm pretty sure this is what berserk_project will be talking about on the 8th.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If so I'm really disappointed... I mean c'mon they didn't even name release date -_-

    ReplyDelete
  4. If this does turn out to be true then I'm a little disapointed, I was hoping for a TV series.
    I think it could work well if it were a long series of movies, like Hellsing Ultimate :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hellsing Ultimate = OVAs
    Best analogy will be Broken Blade movies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. it might be a stupid question, but where on the cover page, or on the top 10 page does it say berserk will be a movie? i cant read Japanese so that might explain the question :P

    and i guess this will be confirmed on 8th January. i hope a release date will be thrown in the mix :P and this movie probably just gets released on Internet or some Japanese theater's, we might hear more on this aswell then.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to admit also that I'm disappointed.......I hope is not true and praying is a series.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm also disappointed. I had really hoped for a series of Berserk but hopefully it will be a series of movies then...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well,if it turns out to be a series of movies, and they are faithful to the manga, it will allow them to be as graphic as its source material (assuming they are willing to go that far). A TV series would simply not allow this. If it turns out that the movies are just little snap shots of major story archs, I will be disappointed. If it turns out to be more like several 1.5 hour long episodes I am all for it. I don't mind waiting for a quality product.... considering I have been following berserk for over ten years now, what is a small 6-8 month gap between movies?

    ReplyDelete
  10. PLEASE BUY THIS DVD WHEN IT GETS RELEASED!! Otherwise we can forget about the project continuing, it will fizzle out just like the anime series did. Consider it donating to charity!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks like the movie will either kick off a TV series, or will be the first in a series of films.

    ReplyDelete
  12. are the recent twitter post the announcements that would be released on 8th January??? or will there be another announcement on Saturday???

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am personally happy at the idea of a movie or series of movies. The fact that they will be able to funnel the budget into truly bringing out the masterful art that is the Berserk manga and give it justice in animation. At least I would hope that is what happens, rather than splitting the budget over a hundred episodes or something.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm guessing it will be the first of a series of OVAs, the first being a full length movie.

    ReplyDelete
  15. very disapointing i tot its a remake of anime series with better drawing....

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm really confused by all the whining about being disappointed. Can't you clowns just be happy that a manga that eclipses most others in style, plot, and character development is getting some much needed/renewed attention in the form of something* animated?

    If you most complain, complain about the crap stories and anime constantly being churned out like turds from the asses of talentless fecal fetish having hacks.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well sense i can wait on the manga i sure as hell can wait on the movies.

    And i will definitely be buying the series of movies this guy deserves every penny for this brilliant series which is one of the few that give anime a good name.

    And it better not be in a f****** adult book store. f*** shintaro ishihara

    ReplyDelete
  18. Could it ever live up to the OVAs? I'm not sure but Berserk is hands down my favorite anime of all time so I am extremely excited to see more. I for one hope it's a series of 10 movies. That means I have 10 good years of Berserk to look forward to.

    Has any info been given concerning original cast and crew? I loved the music in the original, I hope some of the tracks are even remixed and put in the new movie.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I`ll buy the DVD, Blu-Ray, some DVD`s for my friends, if audio comes out definitely buy vinyl, donate 50 euro`s every month for at least a half episode. And i just think i jizzed my pants cause i saw the trailer for the possible upcoming episodes... or the Movie or episodes of the movie whatever. Berserk is Art

    ReplyDelete
  20. aww mani cant wait to see it, i hope it is coming along great. love the series, i hope they dont leave anything out. cant wait to see it though

    ReplyDelete
  21. yeah i fucken hate when you have to wait so fucking long for a movie its stupid

    ReplyDelete
  22. I don't care if it's a movie, OVA, or just re-watching beautiful trailers over and over again, but I want more Berserk!

    ReplyDelete
  23. oh noes!!
    your pictures disappeared!?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Getting close to mid year, any new developments? release dates, voice actors, anything at all?

    ReplyDelete